Founded in 1921, "Pagnan, Mushrooms from the woods" is a historic
company that has its headquartered in Ciano del Montello.
This area is renowned for its delicious mushrooms. Mushrooms
that sprout spontaneously in woods protected since the time
of the Republic of Venice. The founder, Michele Pagnan, earned
the trust of local consumers also thanks to the support of
his family and in particular, his son Giulio.
In 1967 a nephew of the founder, Enzo Mazzarolo took control,
giving the necessary push to widen the company’s product line
and market share. The reputation of Pagnan mushrooms, known
for their high quality and careful selection process, rapidly
spread outside of the local area.
By the 1970’s, increased demand from consumers resulted in
a search all over Europe for the best picking site for the
finest Porcini mushrooms.
In 1985, the company’s focus moved to a new area of the preservation
process. A new era began characterized by a continue research
to develop frozen vegetables.
In 1990, the new headquarters in Crocetta del Montello was
inaugurated and all the business was moved to the facility.
In 1992, Pagnan acquired Fiordibosco to widen the range of
products offered. This acquisition added the ability to preserve
specialty products in glass jars and cans.
In 2006 the new building in Asolo is inaugurated. This new
facility handles the production of frozen products, mushrooms,
vegetables and ready meals. Today Pagnan has acquired the
cooperation of the two sons of the owner, Eugenio e Giulio
Mazzarolo. Both are passionate mycologists who continue the
family tradition that is now in its 4th generation.
A strong entrepreneurial spirit has always characterized
the Mazzarolo family. Because of this spirit the family has
understood the market needs and changes, making the Pagnan
brand grow and consolidate, both nationally and internationally.